Together with Tenants launch

If you have come out of work or stopped working due to ill health, you may be able to claim new style Job Seekers Allowance or Employment Support Allowance (depending on your National Insurance contributions). You can check what you could be claiming here.

Universal Credit

Universal Credit is a new benefit to support you if you are out of work or on a low income.

We have developed some basic information about Universal Credit, which explains this new benefits system in more detail.

Changes to benefits for mixed age couples

From 15 May 2019, mixed aged couples (where one person is of State Pension age and the other isn’t) will no longer be able to apply for Pension Credit and/or Housing Benefit.

Find out more about what the changes mean for you.

Useful websites

Free Benefits Calculator