Extreme hardship

In extreme cases of financial hardship we can provide assistance for essential items. This scheme is discretionary.

Please speak to one of the Financial Inclusion Specialists for further information.

We can also provide support accessing local grants, schemes or charities who offer free or affordable household items, including furniture packages.

Please get in touch if you would be interested in learning more.

The Experian Rental Exchange

The Experian Rental Exchange is a way to strengthen your credit report without you needing to take on new credit.

We recently wrote to all customers to notify you of our plans join the new  scheme, which enables registered landlords to share details about the rent you pay with Experian on a monthly basis.

By incorporating rent payments into your credit file you will then be recognised for paying your rent on time, helping you build your credit score. (In the same way homeowners are recognised for paying their mortgages each month).

How will this benefit Onward customers?

By building your credit score it, it will prove to companies that you’re a reliable ‘potential customer’, and by having additional information on your credit file, it can also make it quicker and easier to:

  • Open a new bank account
  • Get a new credit card
  • Have a loan application approved
  • Arrange a better utilities tariff, or qualify to pay for gas/electricity via a non-prepay tariff
  • Receive better mobile phone rates and more…

We have included a helpful FAQ here. 

Next steps….

We will be sharing the information Experian as outlined on 1st October and each month after that (no further action is required). Should you wish to opt out prior to this date please Contact Us.

Useful websites

Money Saving Expert

Stepchange Debt Charity