7 simple wellbeing tips to see you through the season
As we all know, January is rough as toast – but that doesn’t mean it has to stay that way. Steph from our Health & Wellbeing team has some top tips on how to look out for yourself this season.
Moods can dip following the excesses of the festive season, but they can be lifted again. Here are some useful tips to help:
Get some natural light
- Get outside during the day – even if it’s cloudy the daylight can lift your mood
Keep your body active
- Take the stairs not the lift
- Go for a walk
- Get off the bus one stop earlier than usual
- Have a kick-about in a local park
Keep your mind active
- Sign up for a class
- Read the news or a book
- Set up a book club
- Do a crossword or sudoku
- Research something you’ve always wondered about
- Learn a new word
- Talk to someone instead of sending an email or a text message
- Speak to someone new
- Put five minutes aside to find out how someone really is
- Get a plant for your home
- Have a ‘clear the clutter’ day
- Take a different route to usual
- Visit a new place for lunch
- Commit to an act of kindness once a week over a six week period
- Get involved in a community project, charity work or simply help someone you know
If you’re still feeling low and struggling please contact your GP or local services to ask for help. To find out what’s nearby do a search on the Hub of Hope.
If you’re an Onward customer, our Health & Wellbeing team offers a whole range of services you might not know about.
For example, we can give you support on drug & alcohol issues, mental health difficulties and isolation. We can also help you with issues you might face moving into your new home, or if your needs have recently changed.
Even if we’re not able to help directly, we can also signpost you onto the best services to support you, so it’s worth getting in touch even if you’re not sure.
Get in touch to find out more about our health & wellbeing services