Murdishaw Local Centre Consultation
Onward is committed to ongoing investment in Murdishaw to regenerate the area and deliver major economic and social benefits to the community for years to come. Onward has been working closely with the Community Design Team, a group of local residents, to understand their aspirations for the future of Murdishaw.
In partnership with the Community Design Team, we have developed plans for a new local centre. The local centre will be part of a thriving hub at the heart of the community, offering a space for local people to socialise and enjoy a range of activities.
Before we progress with the plans, we want to hear what you think. How would you use the local centre? What do you think your area needs? What services would you find useful?
Please take a look at our proposals and see how you can share your feedback below.
Our ambition is to create a thriving community space where residents can meet and find common things to do together. The proposals present an opportunity to deliver an attractive local centre in the heart of Murdishaw, creating a positive place that supports a range of leisure and recreation activities along with major improvements to green spaces.
The vision is to create not just a standalone local centre but a vibrant campus culture that connects with the existing community centre, with planned activities across both spaces.
In summary, the proposals will:
- Open up the former boxing gym as a café, which will act as the main anchor in the centre of the site
- Create a new Market Square with hard standing, stalls and shipping containers that could support pop-up shops, makers markets and food events
- Deliver improvements to the green spaces around the centre, creating new areas for recreational use
- Develop a new learning hub, supporting training and skills opportunities to empower local people
- Connect with other environmental improvements that are taking place in Murdishaw
HOW TO HAVE YOUR SAY.
We would welcome your views on these proposals and encourage you to get involved and take this opportunity to let us know what you think about the plans.
Our public consultation will run from 15th December 2021 until 26th January 2022.
You can fill out a feedback form via Survey Monkey here: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/MurdishawLocalCentre
We will also be holding two public exhibitions which will provide an opportunity to meet the team and ask questions on the following dates:
- Wednesday 15th December 1pm – 4pm on the Gorsewood Path
- Tuesday 11th January 2pm – 6pm outside the local Chippy
If you cannot attend the events, you can download a copy of the display boards here.
Please provide your feedback no later than Wednesday 26th January 2022.
If you have any questions about this consultation, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us via email – firstname.lastname@example.org