What am I responsible for?
We expect you to keep your home safe and clean, and to make sure that gardens are kept neat and tidy. You’re also responsible for fixing any damage that has not been caused by fair wear and tear. Examples of repairs that you are responsible for include:
- Replacing fuses, light bulbs, and fluorescent tubes
- Replacing toilet seats, tap washers, chains and plugs
- Decorating the inside of your home
- Replacing television aerials or satellite dishes, unless you live in communal areas
- Fixing appliances installed by you
- Fixing damage caused by a visitor or a member of your household
- Replacing keys or locks (unless caused by fair wear and tear)
We will charge you for any repairs that are needed due to neglect, wilful damage or accidental damage by you, a member of the household or a visitor. However, we won’t charge you if the damage is the result of being the victim of a criminal act, as long as you can provide us with a valid police crime reference number.