I claim Universal Credit. Do I need to do anything?

Once you’ve received the letter confirming your rent charges in February, you will need to inform the Department for Work and Pensions of this via their online portal after the rent increase has been applied. You can do this here.

It is important that you don’t do this until your rent has actually changed to make sure there are no issues with receiving your benefits, so you should do this on the day of or the days following your rent changing. If you do not manage your Universal Credit via the online portal, then you will need to contact the DWP by phoning the helpline on 0800 328 5644.

For support in doing this contact our Income & Financial Inclusion team by calling 0300 555 0600 or emailing financialinclusionteam@onward.co.uk