We are supporting lots of projects in our communities to boost the digital skills of our customers, including:
Initiatives in your neighbourhood
Greater Manchester and Cheshire
- ‘Hattersley Digital Hub’: A digital drop in, support and computer access available every Wednesday at the Hub, Hattersley Rd, Hyde, SK14 3EQ
- Money/Budgeting, Life Skills and Steps to Employment courses along with Digital drop in with Hope Central, Wilmslow Rd, Handforth, Wilmslow SK9 3ES. Job Club drop is on every Thursday at 12.45pm. For further information contact Hope Central on M: 0743961434, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Facebook: Hope Central Facebook
- Tec & Tea @ The Naz Community Hall, Great Clowes St, Lower Broughton, Salford M7 1ZQ. Every Wednesday, 1.30pm-3pm from 4th October – 1st – November 2023. Tech & Tea is a free course helping Salford residents over 50 use technology with confidence. It includes staying safe online, emails and Zoom. For more information or to register your interest, visit www.agefriendlysalford.org.uk or call John on 07494898441 to reserve your spot.
- 1st Call Digital Hub, (1st Call Accrington Facebook Page) – digital drop in, support and computer access available. Accrington Arndale, Unit 20, Union St, Cornhill, Accrington, BB5 1EX
- Community Internet Café – Every Tuesday (10:00am – 1:00pm) free use of computers and internet with at the Halton Community Shop (Community Shop Halton Facebook Page), Priory House, Runcorn, WA7 2FS
- Connected, free computer skills workshop @ Unit 14 Aspen Yard, 1 Aspen Grove, Liverpool, L8 0SR – Every Wednesday, 1:00pm – 3:00pm, from 13 Sep – 4th Oct. Each learner will receive a £35 voucher on completion. For further information contact Chris on 07969312535.
Skills Bootcamps are free intensive and flexible courses of up to 16 weeks, giving people the opportunity to build up sector specific skills and fast track to an interview with a local employer. These courses are fully funded and for adults aged 19 or over.
Designed with employers, participants will gain the in-demand skills to move into or progress in their chosen sector. Participants will be offered a GUARANTEED job interview upon completion.
- Greater Manchester. – Current training opportunities – Greater Manchester Combined Authority (greatermanchester-ca.gov.uk)
- Liverpool City Region – Skills Bootcamps for the Workplace | Liverpool City Region Combined Authority (liverpoolcityregion-ca.gov.uk)
- Lancashire Region – Skills Bootcamps – Lancashire Skills and Employment Hub (lancashireskillshub.co.uk)
Digital support at libraries
There is digital support and access available at various libraries across most local authority areas. Please click on the link below for your area or search for your local authority.
- Bolton libraries
- Bury Libraries
- Computers in Cheshire East libraries
- Tameside libraries
- Manchester libraries
- Oldham libraries
- Rochdale libraries
- Salford libraries
- Stockport libraries
- Trafford Digital Support Offer Map
Get support and become involved
At Onward, we want to make sure our customers’ voice is at the heart of everything we do. If you want to influence our digital approach then please join our Customer Digital group by emailing our Customer Engagement team on email@example.com
If you would like to set up a digital project and require funding then please submit an application to our Onward Community Fund, or if you would like to discuss your project idea with us then please contact a member of the Social Investment team on 0300 555 0600 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org